A curry of mixed vegetables cooked in a special blend of spices and served with bread and President Butter.
- - 3 medium sized potato
- - ½ cup of green peas
- - 1 cup of cauliflower
- - ½ cup chopped capsicum
- - 2 tablespoon President Butter
- - 2 medium onion finely chopped
- - 1 green chilli
- - ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- - ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- - 1 tablespoon pav bhaji masala
- - 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- - 2 medium tomato finely chopped
- - ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
- - President Butter bar for Pav (Buns)
- - 4 to 6 Pav
- - 1 teaspoon squeezed lime
- - Finely chopped onion
- - Coriander leaves
- - 1 tablespoon President Butter
For the Bhaji:
- 1. Boil or pressure cook cauliflower, potatoes and peas until they are fully cooked. Let it cool down and then mash it well.
- 2. Add President butter to a pan and heat up. Add onion and fry them till they turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste and chilli.
- 3. Fry it till it gets fragrant. Add capsicum and fry it for another 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Add tomatoes, salt and fry it till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- 5. Add chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and fry for another 2 minutes.
- 6. Add the mashed veggies.
- 7. Pour water to bring to a consistency.
- 8. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the bhaji thickens.
- 9. Turn off the stove and add kasuri methi.
For Pav Bhaji:
- 1. Heat the butter on a pan and slit the pav horizontally leaving one side intact.
- 2. Place the pav on the pan and toast it for a minute.
- 3. Garnish the bhaji with onion, coriander leaves.
- 4. Add President Butter and serve it warm.