- - 1 1/2 cups (170g) self rising flour
- - 1 tablespoon (14g) sugar
- - 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- - 1 cup (227g) buttermilk or yogurt, or 3/4 cup (170g) milk
- - 1 tablespoon (14g) vinegar or lemon juice
- - 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk & melted butter until foamy. Add to the flour mixture and mix until blended; leaving a few small lumps is OK.
- 3. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes, while your griddle or frying pan heats up. Heat to medium high (375°F to 400°F), until a drop of water dribbled onto the surface bounces across it. Brush lightly with vegetable oil, or spray with non-stick baking spray.
- 4. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot surface. Flip the pancakes over once bubbles have risen to the surface, and cook the second side until golden brown. Serve hot.