Making butter at home can be quite difficult. It is a long and tiring process. Hence, buying branded butter like President butter becomes essential. However, this is not the case with peanut butter. You can easily make peanut butter at home. If you do not know how to prepare peanut butter at home, here are all the details you need.
The peanut butter recipe mentioned in this article is very simple and can be made easily. You do not need more than 20 to 25 minutes to make it. Also, it is tasty. Everyone in your home will fall in love with this peanut butter recipe.
Here are the ingredients required for your peanut butter recipe:
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 300 g shelled peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Peanut or vegetable oil, (only if the end product feels dry)
The aforementioned quantities will make 1 1/4 cups of peanut butter. It is equal to 20 tablespoons.
Steps to prepare peanut butter:
- The first step is roasting the nuts. However, if you do not have raw peanuts and are already starting with roasted nuts, you can avoid the first step.
- For roasting the nuts, set your oven to 350° F. You can add the peanuts to any pan or even rimmed baking sheet. To ensure they are properly roasted, shake the pan after every 3 to 5 minutes and continue until the nuts turn light brown. You will be able to smell the nutty flavour as well. Just make sure you remove them before they burn.
- If you want your peanut butter crunchy, separate 1/3 cup of the roasted peanuts and add it to your food processor. Continue to process them until the peanuts turn into very small pieces. Put the chopped peanuts in a bowl and set it aside.
- Now, take the rest of the peanuts and add them to the food processor. Continue processing them for a few minutes. Make sure you scrape the sides with a spatula after every 2 to 3 minutes so that all of it is processed properly. Also, check that the peanut butter is smooth and shiny before stopping.
- Add sea salt and honey to the mixture. You can choose the quantity as per the instructions or add to taste. If you feel that your peanut butter is appearing very thick, you can control the consistency by adding oil. Now, you can add the peanuts kept in the bowl for a crunchy flavour.