President Butter dosa is the perfect recipe to make in a jiffy for a weekend lunch or dinner.
- - 2 cups Parboiled Rice
- - ½ cup Urad Dal
- - ¼ teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- - 100 grams Puffed rice(Pori)
- - 1 tablespoon Maida
- - 100 grams or as required President Butter
- - 2 pinches of Cooking Soda
- - Salt to taste
- 1. Soak rice and dal(along with Fenugreek) separately for 8 hours.
- 2. Put the soaked rice in wet grinder and grind it coarsely. Add soaked urad dal, puffed rice, maida to the coarse rice paste and grind it to fine paste. Remove and add salt.
- 3. Mix it well and allow it to ferment overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 4. Next day morning, add cooking soda to the dosa batter and mix it well. If necessary add sufficient water to make it a flowing consistency.
- 5. Heat a Cast Iron Tawa and grease it with President Butter. Pour one big batter and make it thin and round. Put President Butter on and around the dosa.
- 6. Allow it to cook till it becomes light brown. Flip it over and cook for few seconds.
- 7. Remove it and serve this butter dosa with coconut chutney.