- - 1 loaf of bread (about 12 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- - 1/4 cup Butter
- - 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- - 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, evenly drizzle the melted butter over the bread chunks. Then evenly sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the bread. Toss gently until well-combined.
- 3. Spread the bread cubes out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake until golden, turning once halfway through cooking in order to brown all sides of the croutons. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the cubes, so watch to be sure that they do not burn. (Mine generally take between 15-20 minutes.)
- 5. Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.